Hello, my name is Shuva Rahim, and I'm excited to have this blog as a part of my journey in learning about educational technology. I've done intro videos before but I never get it right the first time, and this one was no exception. If I did an outtakes reel, I'll admit this took ridiculously longer than I wanted it to because I kept fumbling on what I wanted to say, I had glare in my glasses because of the window lighting (so I changed which window I sat in front of), and then I had my two cats chasing each other in the background. I ended up shutting them out of the room eventually. In any case, I hope you enjoy this 1-min intro, which I created with
Screencast-O-Matic.
A few random things about me I didn't share in the video:
- Graduated from Iowa State University with my bachelor's in journalism.
- After 6 years in the newspaper industry, I became a Peace Corps volunteer in the South American country of Suriname where I did business development, health-care and marine conservation projects.
- I then returned to school in Portland, Maine to do a documentary photography certificate program.
- Hobbies include yoga, running (ran my 4th half-marathon in April), and traveling.
- My husband and I chose our vacation destinations by letter of the alphabet. We are looking to do trip "M" in 2018.
Shuva
Hi Katie, thanks for the comments! It's interesting because in a couple of my other Rutgers classes, students were from all over the country - although a good chunk were near or work at the college. I'm hoping "M" will be Machu Picchu...fingers crossed we can make that happen. Anyway, look forward to having this class with you.
ReplyDeleteHi Shuva,
ReplyDeleteIt is really exciting to have people from different disciplines. I like you experience in the various field and in all those fields technology is required. So, for us to remain relevant in those communities we must embrace it. Some time it is challenging most especially with new tools, also struggle using them but we should not fear and give up, we should take our time.
Nice to meet you!
ReplyDelete